Voice of the People letters run daily on the Opinion Page.
Writers are limited to one letter per calendar month.
Published letters will not to exceed 275 words.
All submitted letters must include the writer's name, address and telephone number for verification purposes only.
Names of writers will be withheld from publication upon request unless writers are notified in advance by the News.
The authenticity of all letters is verified before publication.
Letters addressing specific political candidates or ballot issues will not be used within 3 days before an election.
Letters relying heavily on biblical interpretation or quotations will not be published.
The News reserves the right to edit letters for length, libel, clarity and inappropriate content.
Letters must be approved by the editor or his designate.
We typically do not run letters from people residing outside of Kenosha County and immediate environs unless there is a compelling reason to do so, ie. long-time former area resident.
Letters will not be published if they are:
- in poor taste or are needlessly inflammatory
- letters that involve a personal matter between two private parties
- letters that are overly commercial
- open letters addressed to a third party
- poetry, lost items or thank you letters (unless in reference to a public event or institution).
A recent, good quality photo of the letter writer can be published with the letter.