From simple to sophisticated, local residents will have plenty of dining and entertainment options to close out 2016. Here is a look at some of the New Year’s Eve festivities planned throughout the area for all ages and ambitions.
* Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd St., hosts a family party from 7 to 10 p.m. that includes swimming, rock climbing, games, gym activities, crafts, a movie, hot dogs, popcorn and a build-your-own sundae bar. Stick around for the simulated countdown at 9:45 p.m.
General admission is $10 per person or $20 per family. For more information, call 262-654-9622 or visit www.kenoshaymca.org.
* RecPlex in Pleasant Prairie, 9900 Terwall Terrace, is having a family fun night from 5 to 9 p.m. The event includes live music by Kevin Kamin, sports challenges, games, open gym, skate and swim and a children’s balloon drop.
Admission is $15 per person and $12 for members, including dinner, soda and frozen custard. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, visit www.recplexonline.com or call 262-947-0437.
* Guttormsen Recreation Center, 5411 Green Bay Road, has bowling for families throughout the day and cosmic bowling at night.
For $70, groups of up to six people can reserve lanes from noon to 2:30 p.m., 3 to 5:30 p.m. or 6 to 8:30 p.m. (that includes a large pizza, a pitcher of soda and party favors). For $125 you get Champagne or sparkling juice in the gold room from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Space is limited; book ahead. Unlimited bowling, shoe rentals and party favors at midnight are $14 per person. Call 262-658-8191 or go to www.grcbowling.com.
* Sheridan Lanes, 1120 80th St., is offering two shifts, from 6 to 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. It includes three hours of bowling, shoes, pizza, soda, party favors and red pin prizes.
The cost is $85 per lane. Reservations are recommended. For more information, visit bowlsheridan.com or call 654-0411.
* Wilmot Mountain, 11931 Fox River Road, is hosting an all-day, family-friendly event with food, music and fireworks with a Champagne toast at midnight. Music provided by Matt Meyer and the Smooth Riders from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Lift tickets, rentals and tubing rates are available online at wilmotmountain.com or by calling 262-862-2301.
* Monkey Joe’s, 4237 Green Bay, celebrates with party favors, bubble wrap and a noon New Year’s countdown.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission is $10.99 ($5.99 for ages 2 and under). For more information, visit www.monkeyjoes.com or call 262-764-3866.
* Action Territory, 12345 75th St. (Highway 50 and I-94), gets the party started early for kids and adults. The arcade and indoor venue will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Admission is free. Unlimited indoor pass is $10. Call 262-857-7000 or go to www.actionterritory.com for more information.
Hopping on I-94
* The Harlem Globetrotters continue their world tour at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee with two shows, at 1 and 6 p.m. The Globetrotters basketball artistry offers one-of-a-kind family entertainment. Players are available after the game for autographs and photo sessions.
Tickets start at $24.50 and are on sale at www.harlemglobetrotters.com and at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000.
* StoneFire Pizza Co., 5320 South Moorland Road in New Berlin, is offering a VIP party package including an unlimited buffet, attraction rides, a $10 game card, 3 and 9 p.m. balloon drops and party favors.
The cost is $19.99 per person. For more information, visit www.stonefirepizzaco.com or call 262-970-8800.
* Mitchell Park Domes, 524 S. Layton Blvd., is hosting its annual family celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. The event features a DJ dance party in the Conservatory Annex, live music by the Garlic Mustard Pickers, a magician, fire eaters, face painting, balloon twisters, a craft table, party favors, a free photo booth and a balloon drop. A full bar and food are available for purchase.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for children (ages 3-17). For more information, visit www.milwaukeedomes.org or call 414-257-5608.
* KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, 1700 Nations Drive in Gurnee, Ill., offers an overnight package with plenty of entertainment options including a magician, juggler, caricature artist, stilt walker and the Barefoot Hawaiian performers. There is a dinner and a breakfast buffet. Reservations begin at $309.95 based on two-person occupancy. Additional guests are $60.
For more information, visit www.keylimecove.com or call 224-717-3311.
* Coins Sports Bar, 1714 52nd St., welcomes local DJ Kracker Jack and guest, plus Skyy vodka models, party favors and a Champagne toast at midnight. The night leads into the day for the 12th annual blind draw dart tournament on New Year’s Day.
There is no cover charge. Entry for the dart tournament is $15, with $1,600 awarded to first place team. Sign-up begins at 6 a.m. New Year’s Day. For more information, call 262-652-5028.
* Mangia, 5717 Sheridan Road, features a pre-party from 5 to 7 p.m. with Tony and Cathy Montuano including truffle pizza and Prosecco. A special dinner menu is followed by happy hour from 10 p.m. to midnight with half-price pizzas and drink specials.
The pre-party is $29. For reservations, visit www.kenoshamangia.com or call 262-652-4285.
* Sazzy B, 5623 Sixth Ave., offers a five-course wine pairing dinner with a Mary Poppins’ theme, followed by a jazz and swing party with The Westerlees.
Seatings are 5 and 8 p.m. The cost is $150 per couple for the 5 p.m. seating and $89 per person for the 8 p.m. seating. Reservations are required by calling 262-925-8499. The restaurant reopens at 10:30 p.m. for the post-dining crowd.
* The Brat Stop, 12304 75th St., welcomes “Chicagoland’s No. 1 horn-driven party rock band” Tynan (www.tynanrocks.com) and karaoke in the beer garden. Prime rib dinner specials are also offered.
Cover charge is $12. Patrons must be 21 and older.
* Sir Arthur’s Beer Garden, 3501 14th Ave., will host its annual “Old Farts” party from 1 to 7 p.m with free food and a Champagne toast at 7 p.m.
* State Line Inn, 12725 Antioch Road in Trevor, begins the festivities around 9 p.m. and goes until 6 a.m. The party includes raffles and giveaways throughout the night with party favors, free internet juke box and a Champagne toast at midnight.
No cover. Call 262-862-6967 for more information.
* Fec’s Place, 5523 Sixth Ave., offers drink specials, party favors and live music from Revival from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. There is a Champagne toast at midnight.
No cover, call 262-925-8820 for more information.
* Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, 7036 Grand Geneva Way, is offering a celebration dinner and DJ dance party in its Grand Ballroom. A seafood dinner features sushi, sashimi, crab cakes and a carving station. There is a Champagne toast, party favors and a balloon drop at midnight.
Dinner is served from 8 to 10 p.m. The cost is $110 per person and includes two drink tickets. Reservations are required by calling 262-249-4788. For more information, visit www.grandgeneva.com.
* Route 20 Outhouse, 14001 Washington Ave., welcomes the Boys and Toys Band, with free shuttle service to area hotels. The event begins at 8:30 p.m. and includes a big-screen countdown at midnight and a $1,000 balloon drop.
General admission is $10 with VIP packages available. For more information, visit www.route20outhouse.com or call 262-898-7900.
* Racine Theatre Guild, 2519 Northwestern Ave., hosts its final performance of “Mary Poppins” with a post-show celebration including hors d’oeuvres, drinks, party favorites and a Champagne and sparkling cider toast at midnight.
Tickets are $35 for adults, $30 for senior citizens and $15 for students. For more information, visit www.racinetheatre.org or call 262-633-4218.
* Summit Restaurant, 6825 Washington Ave., Racine, offers a special menu and live music by Dupage. The classic and contemporary rock band begins at 8 p.m., with a Champagne toast at midnight.
There is no cover charge. Reservations are recommended by calling 262-886-9866.
* Henry & Wanda’s, 501 Sixth St., features a special dinner menu and dancing with the Full Flavor Band from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
There is no cover charge. Reservations can be made by calling 262-632-1772 or visit www.henryandwandas.com.
* Milwaukee Art Museum, 700 N. Art Museum Drive, celebrates “the spirit of the bygone era of extravagant travel, opulent dining and luxurious dress aboard the deluxe liner, The Calatrava.” Enjoy a three-course meal, Fourth Street Elevator jazz and dancing.
Tickets include dinner, beer and house wine, parking and a Champagne toast. The cost is $250 per person ($225 for members) plus tax and gratuity. For more information, call 414-224-3297.
* Iron Horse Hotel, 500 W. Florida St., offers a prix-fixed, six-course dinner with an additional wine pairing available. A post-dinner party features area bands Klassik and Foreign Goods, performing from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Seatings for dinner are 6 and 9 p.m. The cost is $95 per person for dinner or $125 per person for dinner and wine. For more information, visit www.theironhorsehotel.com or call 414-831-4615.
* Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, 1721 W. Canal St., welcomes DJ Goose, DJ King, DJ Whyte Nite and DJ Khek on its 2,400-square foot dance floor.
General admission tickets are $49 in advance and $59 at the door. Premium and VIP packages are also available. For more information, visit www.mkenyeve.com.
* Drink Wisconsinbly Pub & Grub, 135 East National Ave., is hosting its inaugural New Year’s Eve Pajama Party with a patio bonfire from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. A
$50 all-inclusive package features draft beer, old fashioned, whiskey drinks and a Crock Pot buffet. Those bringing a new or gently-used item of warm clothing will receive a $10 gift card. Fore more information, visit www.drinkwi.pub.
* Dugout 54, 5328 West Bluemound Road, features a DJ and The Love Monkeys. Admission includes an appetizer buffet, party favors and a Champagne toast at midnight.
Tickets are $19.99. For more information, visit www.dugout54.com or call 414-259-1200.
* The Crystal Gardens Ballroom at Navy Pier, 700 East Grand Ave., celebrates its 10th anniversary from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. The event features more than 20 premium liquor bars, DJ entertainment, food and hors d’oeuvres with a special Champagne toast at midnight. Guests can enjoy a red carpet and view the midnight fireworks on a private terrace.
General admission tickets start at $99 plus taxes and fees. For more information, visit www.crystalgardensnye.com.
* The fifth annual Chicago Resolution Gala in the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier, 600 East Grand Ave., features more than 30 bars, multiple disc jockeys, a buffet and a view of the fireworks from the Lakeview Terrace. The event is from 8:15 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Tickets start at $135 per person and are available at www.grandballroomnewyears.com.
* Spirit of Chicago offers a fireworks dinner cruise from Navy Pier, 600 East Grand Ave., Chicago. The cruise boards at 8:30 p.m. and sets sail from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Passengers must be 21 or older with valid identification. Enjoy a buffet dinner, music, dancing, skyline views and fireworks (weather permitting).
Tickets are on sale online www.spiritcruises.com from $169.90 per person. You can also call 866-273-2439 to book tickets.